RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Friday, December 20, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday (#34)

Hosted by Parajunkee and Alison can Read.

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! or just check out the weekly questions and see what others respond. 

*If you would like to follow me, you can do so by GFC, Bloglovin, Goodreads, or Twitter :) Just let me know if you are a new follower and I will follow back :D 

Question: Pick a book in your favorite genre that you'd recommend to a reluctant reader. 

Answer: This is a tough one, I love to read just about any genre but anything YA will be great for a reluctant reader. I couldn't pick just one, but it would either Anna and the French Kiss and/or The Iron Fey Series. 

Anna and the French Kiss 

by 
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming,beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend. 

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?


(Synopsis taken from Goodreads)




The Iron King 
by 


Meghan Chase has a secret destiny; one she could never have imagined.


Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.

But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil, no faery creature dare face; and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart. 

(Synopsis taken from Goodreads) 

***Both books have romance and adventure, but the Iron Fey Series has a mythical/fantasy twist to the series. It would really depend on the person and what he/she might be interested in reading :) What would you guys recommend a reluctant reader to read? Let me know and don't forget to leave me your FF links. 

Thanks for stopping by! :) 

22 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

I really like Julie Kagawa's The Immortal Rules series, so I think I'll give the Iron Fey series a try! Followed back :)

Zareena said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the Iron King and can't wait to read Anna and the French Kiss! Great picks ;)

Old Follower
My FF .
Zareena @ Books and Books

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

The Iron King is one of my all-time favorite books, I was going to pick it for my post but chose Graceling instead.

Old follower :)
Roxy @ Story Envy

Jessica @ a GREAT read said... Best Blogger Tips

Not a contemp reader myself, but I LOVED The Iron King and the whole series really! Great picks!

Here's my Follow Friday

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

I didn't really like the iron series, but I did loved Anna and the french kiss!

My Follow Friday

New GFC follower

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

New follower!

Great choices :)

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/12/follow-friday_20.html

Aneta said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the Iron Fey seires!! Have you read the spin off with Ethan? Its so good!!!
New follower via GFC
http://angelic-reviews.blogspot.ca/

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I love Stephanie Perkins and while I enjoyed reading Anna and the French Kiss, Lola and the Boy Next Door just really resonated with me so much! I can't wait for her third book. :) I haven't read Julie Kagawa yet but I probably should be starting with her series soon.

Thanks for visiting my blog and for the follow. New follower via bloglovin' :)

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

All Julie's books are already on my TBR. Can't wait to dive into them soon.

Old bloglovin follower.

Charlotte @ Thoughts and Pens

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

The Iron King sounds really good! :D
New GFC and Bloglovin follower!
My FF

k said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Jackie! I'm new to FF and I'm now following you via GFC and Bloglovin. You can follow my blog at http://lorenmathisbooks.blogspot.com/.

Happy Holidays!
L

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

@Isabelle Adrid

Thanks for stopping by :)

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

@Zareena

Thanks for stopping by :)

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

@Roxanne Elizabeth

Thanks for stopping by :)

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

@Jessica @ a GREAT read

It is a great series :) Thanks for stopping by (:

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

@June Luu

Thanks for stopping by, following back (:

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

@Valentina Cano

Thanks for stopping by:) Following back (:

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

@Aneta Bak

I have! I really liked it as well:) Thanks for stopping by (: Following back.

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

@thegirlmeetsbooks

I love Stephanie Perkins's books! Thanks for following and stopping by :)

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

@Charlotte Fiel

Thanks for stopping by :)

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

@Emmanuel Okoye

Thanks for stopping by, following back :)

Jackie said... Best Blogger Tips

@Loren Mathis

Thanks for stopping by, following back :)

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D