RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

ARC Review: Maid of Dishonor by Heidi Rice

Maid of Dishonor 
by Heidi Rice
Released Date: Expected publication: August 20th 2013 by Harlequin KISS
Series: The Wedding Season #3
Pages: 224
View/Purchase: Goodreads, Amazon, B&N

When she's very, very bad… Gina Carrington knows exactly how to have fun! But when she sleeps with her friend's brother, the off-limits Carter, she quickly discovers she's overstepped the mark. 

…life is so much more fun!  

Years later, Gina sees Carter again to prepare for her friend's wedding, and she can't help but wonder what the harm would be in one more night…. He's available, gorgeous and behind that laid-back Southern charm there's a wild side even she can't tame! But Gina has secrets which she can't hide forever—will their chemistry be strong enough to keep Carter by her side when her secrets come to light?

(Synopsis taken from Goodreads)

My Review:

*I received a copy of this book from the author in return of a honest review*

When she's very, very bad Gina Carrington knows exactly how to have fun! But when she sleeps with her friend's brother, the off-limits Carter, she quickly discovers she's overstepped the mark. From the very beginning Gina and Carter have a strong connection towards each other. They were young when they met and Gina wasn't expecting anymore more from Carter other than a casual fling. A week or so before his wedding, Carter wasn't expecting to cheat on his soon-to-wife with his sister's best friend. Now ten years later, they once again reunite for Gina's best friend's wedding. A lot has changed in those ten years and neither of them is ready to let go of what happened in their past. As they start to get closer, new secrets will emerged and perhaps new love. 

I'm very grateful to the author for letting me read this book, it was amazing! I had read Girl Least Likely to Marry(book 2) and loved it. I liked how the author incorporates older characters into this book. The interactions between Gina and Carter left me wanting for more at the end. The story line was really good and the book was very well-written. It had my attention from the first page to the very end. Although the characters don't go through a huge character development, Gina was the one that was able to let go of the past and confront what she has been kept from Carter. On the other hand, Carter's character made me giddy with his southern charm. He definitely made the pace of the story fun and entertaining. The very ending was exceptional, it was nice to see how Gina's friends have found love. I can't wait to read Last Groom Standing(4th book), it's going to be great. I recommend everyone to read this series, you will not regret it. 

My Rating: 



Click here to read the review on Girl Least likely to Marry by Heidi Rice (book 2)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D