RSS

Welcome to my Blog
Hope you enjoy reading.

Monday, April 1, 2013

Review: Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Lola and the Boy Next Door
by Stephanie Perkins
Release Date: Published September 29th 2011 by Dutton Books
Series: Lola and the Boy Next Door
Pages: 338
View/Purchase: Goodreads, Amazon, B&N

Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion...she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit--more sparkly, more fun, more wild--the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.

When Cricket--a gifted inventor--steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.


(Taken from Goodreads)
My Review:

Amazing Book! 

I can't believe I actually waited all this time to read Perkins' novels. I just recently finished reading Anna and the French Kiss and I absolutely loved it! I love the characters that Perkins is able to create in her stories. Not only was Anna and the French Kiss and winner for me, but it also made me want to read Lola and the Boy Next Door and I have to say that I wasn't disappointed at all. 

Lola (the main characters) has a fun and unique personality. Not only does she not care about what people think of her unique style, but she is also a colorful person inside and out. At first, Lola describes how happy she is with her boyfriend, Max. (Who's personality I didn't since the beginning). Not only is he in a band, but he is also old for her. As if age didn't matter, everything in Lola's world is somewhat perfect. Until her neighbors next door move back in, including Cricket Bell. (A charming, yet shy guy that I practically loved since the beginning!)There was something unique and sweet about him that made me stay up all night long, just so that I could read scenes where he was in them. Although their relationship is awkward at first, the story starts to reveal things that happened between them that made them fall apart. As their relationship blossomed, it is evident that this juicy romance was going to become one of my favorites. One of things that I loved about this book was that Anna and St. Clair were also in the story! Overall, the story was beautifully written, from the setting to the characters, Perkins did an amazing job describing the life of a normal teenage girl, who has a unique style and view of the world. I enjoyed the end of the story, it was sweet and just about right. I can't wait to read another creation by Stephanie Perkins, I bet it's going to be just as great.

My Ratings:



***Check out the new covers of Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment below:D